All Things Children
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Welcome to the Children’s Ministry at Midway Community Church
We are excited about kids and the incredible joy they provide. We consider it a privilege to partner with you to help your child grow in their relationship with God. Through a wide range of programs and activities, we strive to create an environment where your child will have a great time learning the truths of the Bible. We want your child to feel safe, to be loved, to be led into age appropriate learning experiences and have fun doing so.
We do this by:
- TEACHING God’s Word to children as the absolute truth, without error and wholly sufficient for their lives, and encouraging them to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and to become part of God’s family.
- DISCIPLING children in their relationship with Jesus Christ, leading each child to an understanding of their purpose, which is to glorify God with their lives.
- EQUIPPING parents to teach and train their children in the truths of God’s word every day.
We attempt to provide a comprehensive ministry to children with year-round programs, special events, and VBS. These elements form the basic structure through which we attempt to meet the needs of children at each age level.
Our screened adult volunteers are committed to helping children…
- Come to know Jesus as Savior and grow in their walk with Him
- Develop positive relationships with adults who can serve as Christian role models to the children
- Develop significant friendships with other children who can become a Christian peer group for them
- See themselves as their Creator sees them.
On behalf of the Children’s Ministry, we welcome your family to Midway. If we can be of assistance or answer any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Serving Him and you,
Anne Marie Andrey and Laura Blomquist
For More Information, Click on One of the Links Below:
What do I need to bring for my child?A diaper bag for those who are not potty trained. A spare set of clothing is suggested in case of accidents. However, we have extra items available if needed.
Do you provide a snack?We provide a snack to our toddlers. This typically consists of cheerios, gold fish, animal crackers or pretzels. If your child has allergies please feel free to provide the teacher with a snack that can be given to your child.
What is the check-in/pick up procedure?The safety of our preschoolers is of the utmost importance. You will be asked to fill out an information sheet the first time you visit. Your child will be given a permanent nametag with a number on it. You will be given a card with your name, child’s name and corresponding number. Upon pick up you will be asked to present that card at the door to your child’s teacher. After the first visit you will take your child to directly to their classroom. The nametag will be in their individual classroom.
Do you background check your workers?Yes. Each worker is asked to fill out a detailed form. A private, contracted company provides the background check. The safety of our children is a top priority.
We offer Bible Studies for ALL ages at 9:30 on Sundays… click to see options!
For a look back over the activities of our Church Family over the last month… CLICK HERE